During planning of total hip arthroplasty, suitable parameters for implant size and alignment are determined based on certain criteria such as bony anatomy fit and leg length equality. More complex criteria, for instance a sufficient range of motion and adequate resulting hip forces, are not systematically planned and are only considered by the surgeon’s experience. During surgery, the parameters might need to be adapted due to intra-operative findings that might have an effect on the overall result. We develop a framework that automatically calculates an optimized set of implant and implantation parameters. This set of parameters is patient-specific and based on all relevant criteria derived from literature in order to provide an intraoperative decision support system for the analysis of effects if certain parameters are changed.
- Patient-specific Simulation of the Hip Joint Force for Planning of Total Hip Replacement
- Morpho-functional Analysis of the Pelvis
- J. Hsu, M. de la Fuente & K. Radermacher: Calculation of impingement-free combined cup and stem alignments based on the patient-specific pelvic tilt. Journal of Biomechanics, 2019, 82, pp. 193-203
- J. Hsu, M.C.M. Fischer, K. Tokunaga, G. Esnault & K. Radermacher: Analyzing Bony Constraints as a Key Stone of an Integrated Approach Towards Functional THA Planning. In: W. Tian & F. Rodriguez Y Baena (ed.): CAOS 2018. EPiC Series in Health Sciences, 2, 2018, pp. 74-78
- K. Tokunaga, J. Hsu, M.C.M. Fischer, M. Okamoto & K. Radermacher: Why did Anterior Dislocation Occur During Dandling her Baby in front of her in Standing Position after THA? In: W. Tian & F. Rodriguez Y Baena (ed.): CAOS 2018. EPiC Series in Health Sciences, 2, 2018, pp. 219-222
- J. Hsu, M. de la Fuente & K. Radermacher: Multi-Dimensional Range-of-Motion-Based Safe Zone for Patient-Specific Total Hip Arthroplasty. In: K. Radermacher & F. Rodriguez Y Baena (ed.): CAOS2017. EPiC Series in Health Sciences, 1, 2017, pp. 175-180
- J. Hsu & K. Radermacher: What is the correct patient-specific safe zone for cup orientation in total hip arthroplasty? 16th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, 2016, pp. 458-461
Juliana Habor (née Hsu), M.Sc.
Tel.: +49 (0)241-80 23877